Here are 11 random things about me:
1) I really dislike hot dogs. I don't actually know why.
2) I have never lived in one place for longer than 5 years at a time. (Hopefully that will change one of these days.)
3) I'm really not very "tech savvy," but I am amazing at faking it! ;)
4) I like receiving gifts that are practical. My favorite gift was a birthday present from my dad: a tank of gas and an oil change!
5) My mother gets me "ugly pajamas" for Christmas every year... It sort of grew into a tradition after a gift exchange a couple of years ago. Ha!
6) I much prefer going to the library over purchasing a book. I really only purchase books for my classroom and books that I have borrowed and loved.
7) I treat my dogs like they were actually human. (I think I've convinced my other half that my babies need snow boots!)
8) This summer, I took the longest road trip of my life... 4,700 miles!
9) This is the first Christmas that I won't be spending with family - thank goodness for Skype!
10) I like green, but I only own one green shirt.
11) My first car was a 1993 Ford Tempo.
These are the questions from Using My Teacher Voice:
1) What is your favorite non-teaching website?
I'd have to say Pinterest. I'm definitely on a DIY kick right now as far as decorating!
2) What is your favorite place that you have visited?
I haven't really "visited" any place aside from my other half's family in Illinois. I've lived in a lot of places, and I'd have to say that Alaska is my current favorite (even with the current temperatures, ha!ha!)!
3) Where do you hope to visit one day?
4) If you were not a teacher, what would you be?
A physical therapist
5) What is your favorite holiday food?
As much as I used to hate it, I love green bean casserole.
6) What is your favorite place to shop?
The Hallmark store! (I loathe shopping for clothes, so I try to keep from having to. I'm still wearing some of the same clothes that I wore in college... 10 years ago.)
7) What is your favorite drink from Starbucks?
I've only ever had hot chocolate from there. I don't drink coffee.
8) Who is one person you would like to meet one day?
I would love to meet James Patterson! I sort of love the Alex Cross series.
9) Do you prefer winter or summer?
When I lived in the south, I absolutely hated summer! 112 degrees was not something that I looked forward to. So a year ago, I would have said winter. Now that we're in Alaska, although I do still love winter, summers might become my favorite... Temperatures are in the 70s. It's perfect for going hiking or kayaking (if I ever get to buy a kayak)!
10) What is your favorite theme park?
Disney World, hands down!
11) What reality show or game show would you like to be on?
As stupid as this sounds, I think "Wipeout!" would be fun. :)
Now it's my turn:
I would like to nominate